Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hello, my name is Duncan Metcalf. I am here to talk about my life, and what I do. I was born on January 9th, 1995. I was born in Salt Lake and lived there for two years, before we moved to Logan. And by the time we got to Logan, my little brother was born. He was a very great brother, and still is. Then two years later, my little sister was born. Five years after that, our last family member was born. Now we are all grown up. We moved here to Syracuse in 2010, and we've had a great time here so far.. I have two brothers, and three sisters. My brothers are Will, my little brother, and Mitch, my older brother. My sisters are Olivia, my youngest sister, Audrey, my sister who is older than my youngest sister, and Alisa, my oldest sister. My big brother moved out a few weeks before school started. And last year, Alisa moved out to France for a year. She came back in July, then she moved to Logan, and still lives there. My hobby is video games. I enjoy everything about video games. The one thing I really like about video games are the difficulty levels.
Many video games have difficulty levels. They often effect how damage the player and enemies take. They also have many other restrictions too. Let me show an example of difficulty levels:

Very Easy - For beginners. This makes the game easy for effortless players.
Easy - For rookies who have more skill than wimps.
Normal - This makes it a well ballanced standard challenge.
Hard - For experts who very skilled.
Intense - This will put you to the ultimate test of your skills.

How each difficulty level effect the game:

Very Easy
- Enemies deal 1/4 the damage they usually do.
- Player deals 4x as much damage to enemies.
- Player has 100% more health than usual.
- Player has unlimited saves.

Easy
- Enemies deal half the damage they ususally do.
- Player deals twice as much damage as usually.
- Player has 50% more health.
- Player has 9 saves.

Normal
- Enemies deal normal damage to the player.
- Player deals normal damage to the player.
- Players health is normal.
- Player has 6 saves.

Hard
- Enemies deal twice as much damage.
- Player deals half as much damage to enemies.
- Player has 25% less health.
- Player has 3 saves.

Intense
- Enemise deal 4x as much damage to the player.
- Player deals 1/4 as much damage to enemies.
- Player has 50% less health.
- Player has no saves.
- There are no health pick-ups.

Thats how the difficulty level would effect the game. The other thing I like about video games is how they are designed. When I grow up, I want to be a video game designer. That is what my current goal is. I am now working really hard in school. I play video games when I have the chance. I usually play them on weekends, because that's the great time to play them., when school and chores are done. I also like to spend some time with my family. Recently, our family went to Disney Land, which was very fun. My favorite ride was the Star Wars ride. Then one day, we went to the beach to pass the time. We had very great time. But then it was time to go home. We stayed there for a week, then came back home after a long time vacation. When we got back, we had alot of school work to do. And when I mean "work", I mean, "HOMEWORK".
Yep, we had alot to catch up on. It was tiring, and we're still doing it, but we'll get all done soon. Alot kids don't like homework, especially me, because I hate it alot. However, If I don't get my homework done, my grades will drop, and parents will not be happy about it, so I have to get it done fast! I am really waiting for school to get over. This is my last year at school, so I have to make it count! It's sad to say, but I am actually gonna miss all my nice teachers who were kind too me. Guess I'll let them know where am when I get the chance. I just hope my life gets better!

No comments: